REVENUE CYCLE CLINIC MANAGER
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: REVENUE CYCLE DEPARTMENT
This position is responsible for managing the direct day-to-day operational management of Revenue Cycle staff and functions throughout all NRMC physician practices for patient registration, patient demographics verification/validation, insurance verification, data entry, authorizations, POS collections, charge capture, and charge reconciliation for NRMC provider practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Develop and maintain standard set of policies and procedures and Standard Operating Procedures for all physician practice revenue cycle functions.
2. Implement and monitor compliance of above mentioned policies and procedures throughout all NRMC physician practices
3. Lead the provider practice onboarding process as related to revenue cycle functions.
4. Provide weekly and monthly KPI updates related to physician practice operations to Leadership using Monthly Meeting Model
5. Ensures POS and residual balance collections are posted and reconciled appropriately.
6. Leads employees to accomplish all job objectives; inspires confidence and motivation; clearly defines expectations, and maintains personal effectiveness under pressure.
7. Assists in the development of a department budget, utilizing administrative guidelines, appropriate benchmarks, and anticipated scope of services.
8. Monitors and controls department expenditures within approved budget. Review budget variances and develop/implement actions plans to address negative variances.
9. Demonstrate proficiency in the following skills: critical thinking, conflict management, personnel development, teambuilding, delegation
10. Empowers staff to achieve their best professionally and guides them through creative problem solving
11. Fosters teamwork within all NRMC physician practices and centralized and/or outsourced processes.
12. Demonstrates working knowledge of the practice management system(s) including the reporting features.
13. Knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicaid MCO, managed care and other third party payer’s guidelines; adjusts, in coordination with Physician Group administration, clinic billing procedures accordingly.
14. Responsible for being up-to-date and knowledgeable with regard to diagnostic and procedure coding and how it affects reimbursement.
15. Identifies and maintains a professional working relationship with all internal and external customers
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Revenue Cycle Director or Senior Leadership.
2. Collaboration Skills.
3. Customer/Client Focus.
4. Problem Solving/Analysis.
5. Time Management.
6. CPT coding
7. ICD-9 coding
8. Billing and compliance regulations for all payors
Supervises Revenue Cycle insurance verification and authorization clinic staff.
Manages relationship and workflow with vendor partners.
Required Education and Experience
1. 3-5 years of revenue cycle experience, or equivalent applicable work experience.
2. 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
3. Ability to function independently within scope of practice, utilizing sound professional judgment and specialized business knowledge in the exercise of organization leadership; ability to effectively participate in and support project teams of multispecialty professionals to achieve business results.
4. Knowledgeable in the areas of Customer Service, Supervision, , Revenue Cycle, Central Services, Clinical, Financial, and Information Systems.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or other healthcare related field.
2. Practice management in healthcare setting.
3. Customer facing service experience.