Job Type: Full-time
Location: The Courtyard of Natchitoches
Department: COURTYARD OF NATCHITOCHES
Provides indirect resident care in the facility. Meets the communication needs of the resident, family and staff. Prepares and compiles records in the facility. Initiates directions from physician and nursing staff. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and facility policies and procedures and standards. Has the ability to interact with all customers (co-workers, patients, families, physicians, vendors, etc.) of Courtyard and NRMC with hospitality and the highest standards of customer service, exhibiting professionalism and a spirit of teamwork. Each associate should have an understanding that he or she represents Courtyard and NRMC and should act accordingly and in a manner that demonstrates respect and pride for this organization. Performs other duties as assigned. Must be age specific in order to be covered under NRMC insurance to drive the facility vehicles.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Prepares medical records for discharged residents and new admissions.
2. Maintains medical records.
3. Completes resident status changes in a timely manner & transmits to appropriate departments/personnel.
4. Obtains appropriate nursing staff to assist residents/physicians in the care of the resident; decisions made reflect knowledge of facts and good judgment within scope of practice.
5. Enters and verifies orders in the computer system.
6. Obtains requested items from Laboratory, Central Service, Pharmacy or other departments.
7. Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurses, co-workers and physicians.
8. Orders supplies and printing as needed; obtains orders, as required.
9. Consults other departments as appropriate, to provide for an inter-disciplinary approach to resident needs.
10. Retrieves all lab results from computer, highlights abnormal values and brings results to the attention of the nurse.
11. Demonstrates and ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
12. Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity; ensures confidentiality of resident’s records.
13. Interacts professionally with resident/family and provides explanations and verbal reassurance, as necessary.
14. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
15. Meets current documentation standards and policies.
16. Answers telephone and intercom in a polite and timely manners and communicates information to the appropriate personnel or family.
17. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
18. Maintains refrigerator temperature logs; notifies supervisor if temperature varies from normal range.
19. Checks the computer system to verify that all charts are current.
20. Places orders for medications and personal supplies for the residents who use an outside pharmacy for their medication and personal needs.
21. Put ups supplies, keeps storage areas in order, and maintains cleanliness.
22. Makes coffee, keeps kitchen area clean and neat.
23. Communicates with nurses to see if there are any other duties that need to be performed.
24. Will be required to drive the facility van to transport residents to and from hospital and/or physician appointments in times of necessity.
1. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
2. Additional languages preferred.
3. Ability to work with residents/family and physicians in a friendly and knowledgeable manner.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification within three (3) months of hire date.