REGISTERED NURSE (ER) FULL-TIME (7p-7a)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides direct and indirect patient care in the emergency care setting. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum of supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly, and accurately, every patient that enters the emergency care system. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient’s status, symptomatology, and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient’s condition or response to treatment.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- One (1) year experience in nursing or experience in emergency nursing or acute/critical care.
- Current Registered Nurse license within the State of Louisiana.
- Current BLS Certification required.
- ACLS certification required (may acquire within 3 months of hire).
- PALS certification required (may acquire within 6 months of hire).