Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: ADMIT DEPARTMENT
The Receptionist is responsible for the operation of the hospital switchboard, routing calls appropriately, as well as directing people to various departments. This person also handles miscellaneous duties compatible with the position.
1. Answers hospital switchboard, routing incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls appropriately
2. Makes intercom announcements
3. Supplies information to callers as well as taking and relaying messages
4. Gives visitors patient information following hospital policies and procedures
5. Directs persons to various departments
6. Exhibits professionalism in greeting all people entering hospital, utilizing pleasant and courteous voice and manners and displaying friendly, professional demeanor to public and coworkers.
7. Processes patient statements for mailing
8. Assembles monthly statements for mailing
9. Mails copies of printed bills to patients
10. Logs patient registrations
11. Sorts patient information alphabetically and by date
12. Participates in emergency and disaster situations
13. Attends staff meetings as required
14. Performs miscellaneous duties as deemed appropriate and when assigned by supervisor.
1. Ability to follow directions.
2. Ability to work independently.
3. Ability to perform duties under high volume, fast pace situations.
4. Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential material and information
5. Ability to see and hear well, with or without correction.
6. Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate effectively in English
7. Ability to exhibit good speaking voice and proper enunciation and articulation.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Two years of experience in a hospital or medical facility setting preferred.