RECEPTIONIST / BILLING CLERK
Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC Walk-In / Primary Care Clinic
Department: NRMC Walk-in Clinic
The Receptionist/Biller for NRMC Walk In Clinic must be a self-motivated person to perform front office functions and assist in billing. The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to answering phones, scheduling patients, verifying insurance coverage, obtaining precertification for procedure/special test, collection and documentation of payments. Will be able to work without constant oversight and has the ability to multitask in a changing environment subsequent to the number of patients at any one time. Will maintain the mission and core values set forth by Natchitoches Regional Medical Center.
1. Cordially greets and receives clients, ascertain their needs and appropriately direct visitors and callers.
2. Performs a variety of clerical duties including typing and scanning to help maintain efficient operations.
3. Provide appropriate answers of numerous phone calls, or direct caller to the proper place.
4. Obtain client payments, verification or patient eligibility, and records all pertinent insurance information.
5. Retrieve and record daily patient activity for each client visit to prepare for proper billing.
6. Registers patients into Meditech if send out labs or x-rays/procedures are needed.
7. Prioritizes Access patients.
8. Maintains inventory and orders clerical supplies as needed.
9. Attends staff meetings and in-services.
10. Participates in emergency and disaster drills and situations.
11. Participates in performance improvement projects.
12. Performs additional miscellaneous duties as deemed appropriate and when assigned by supervisor.
1. Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English (other languages desirable)
2. Ability to concentrate when there are numerous interruptions.
3. Knowledge of basic computer operation.
4. Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential material and information.
5. Good telephone techniques.
6. Ability to deal with public in a tactful manner.
7. Good physical and mental health, ability to assist with heavy lifting and capable of working under pressure.
8. Ability to perform detailed assignments, work accurately, follow directions and assesses priorities.
9. Good research, analytical, and problem solving.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Vocational training in office procedures preferred.
2. One year office experience preferred.
3. Six months medical business office experience preferred.
4. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.