Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
A Project Specialist provides support to project managers and key stakeholders. They give advice and guidance in a consultancy capacity. A Project Specialist will help organize, manage, and plan complex projects for the organization’s research, development, and product implementation efforts. The Project Specialist will assist the Project Manager and Director of Innovation on Heath Recourses and Service Administration (HRSA) grants and any other special project needs.
1. Working with Project Manager at a project’s onset to define the project governance and structured project management.
2. Creating and developing standards and templates.
3. Applying templates and guidelines to collect and maintain data consistently.
4. Coordinating the projects.
5. Managing the quality review process.
6. Supporting the creation and maintenance of project plans.
7. Tailoring guidance to each project.
8. Creating and updating a repository of proper project documentation.
9. Helps conduct cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
10. Helps prepare and implement a budget based on estimates.
11. Helps conduct risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
12. Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
13. Helps to develop/maintain professional community partnerships.
14. Communicates and collaborates with Director of Innovation and PMO to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems.
15. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, required.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Project Management Certification preferred.
2. Experience with HRSA related grants is preferred.
3. Experience with managing process improvement initiatives a plus
4. Lean Six Sigma