PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (CphT) – PRN
Job Type: Part-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: INPATIENT PHARMACY
Pharmacy technicians assist and support licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients. Pharmacy technicians must have a broad knowledge of pharmacy practice, and be skilled in the techniques required to order, stock, package, and compound and otherwise prepare medications. Maintains a professional presence throughout the hospital. Assures pharmacy services and activities are carried out to meet goals and standards of both Cardinal Health and the client/hospital.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school degree or equivalent
2. Current technician certification and required licensing.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Previous experience as a hospital pharmacy technician
2. ACPE or ASHP accredited course in compounding sterile preparations preferred
3. Training and proficiency in age specific therapies for hospital patients preferred.