NURSE PRACTITIONER – Telemedicine
Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC Walk-In / Primary Care Clinic
Department: NRMC Walk-in Clinic
Individual who is a graduate of an accredited APRN program, and successfully passed certifying examination, and who is approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing, Advanced Practice Nursing to perform medical services and treatment of patients with an approved Collaborative Practice Agreement. Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department and Urgent Care setting, coordinates care planning with other disciplines, and provides direct and indirect patient care. Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with minimum supervision. Is able to triage safely, rapidly, and accurately, every patient that enters the clinic setting. Determine priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with Emergency Department physicians about changes in patient’s status, symptomatology, and results of diagnostic studies. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to patient’s condition or response of treatment. This position will mimic the school system’s summer schedule (excluding holidays) being paid 9 months’ salary over a 12 month period. The hours for this position are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. This position will have 10 PTO days per year.
- Provides care through Telemedicine.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Ability to perform/dictate/write history and physical assessments on all patients and reassessments as per policy.
- Dictates and writes progress notes.
- Dictates discharge summaries.
- Initiates and transcribes orders of sponsoring physician via verbal communication to the nurse.
- Initiates appropriate evaluation and assist in emergency management for emergency situations such as cardiac arrest, respiratory distress, burns and hemorrhage.
- Reviews patient records to determine health status.