MATERIALS MGT/OR TECH
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
The Materials Management/OR Technician is responsible for the overall management of supplies in the OR, by maintaining adequate levels of stock and non-stock items in the most cost-effective manner as possible. Responsibilities also include setup of patient and procedure charges, Pass Through codes, and late, non-drop, and credit of charges.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Responsible for inventory control in OR including consignment and non-consignment.
2. Processing non-stock requisitions and purchase orders.
3. Ordering of Stock and Non-stock items
4. Establishes and maintains a good professional rapport with vendors, physicians, and other Surgery associates.
5. Responds in a timely manner to late, non-drop and credit of charges.
6. Maintains clean and organized stock room.
7. Supports and participates in-group purchasing and shared services efforts with other hospitals and related health facilities.
8. Performs appropriate committee functions as assigned.
9. Set up Patient charges, Procedure charges and Pass through Codes.
10. Coordinate paper work, discuss pricing and consignment items with Materials Manager and OR Manager
11. Coordinate activities with Material Management and OR Manager
12. Performs clerical duties related to procedures, as it relates to a patient care unit.
13. Answers telephone and directs calls appropriately.
14. Records minutes from staff meeting.
15. Type correspondence, reports, memoranda, special projects, technical papers and related material.
16. Assumes other related responsibilities as assigned by the Materials Manager and OR Manager.
17. Assists with extra duties (i.e. PI, QI, Patient Transporting, and V.A.C.)
18. The patient’s rights to confidentiality.
19. All patient communication and documentation is handled in a confidential manner.
20. Patient information/records is released following hospital policy.
21. Supports the management’s plan of requiring teamwork and communication within the Materials Management and Surgery departments.
22. Demonstrates excellent teamwork to staff members regarding material management changes.
23. Communicates with charge person prior to leaving the department.
24. Pull case carts for surgeries and return unused items to shelf
1. Core Values – Demonstrates iEXCEL (Integrity, Empathy and Caring, Excellence, Communication, Etiquette and Loyalty) in relationships and work.
2. Creativity – Creates new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
3. Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
4. Decision Quality – Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
5. Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
6. Peer Relationships – Perceived as a Role Model by peers. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration.
7. Priority Setting – Demonstrates excellent time management skills. Able to accomplish assigned responsibilities without incurring unapproved overtime.
No Supervisory responsibility.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- College experience preferred.
- Meditech experience preferred.