Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: LOGISTICS DEPARTMENT
The Logistics Courier will receive and pick up packages, documents, messages, labs, equipment, prescriptions, and other items, and deliver them to specified recipients or locations.
- Securely delivers packages, documents, written and verbal messages, and other items to intended location or recipient in a timely manner.
- Manages incoming mail so that it is opened, sorted, and distributed in a professional and timely manner.
- Processes outgoing mail.
- Receives and delivers labs, prescriptions, medical equipment, etc.
- Obtains required signatures and/or payments at time of delivery.
- Maintains accurate records related to the receipt and delivery of packages, documents, messages, and other items, including tracking time of and parties to the delivery.
- Unloads items from large trucks and loads them onto smaller vehicles for delivery.
- May perform office, clerical, and other related duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of customer service.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to maintain the safety and security of packages, documents, messages, and other items received or being delivered.
- Thorough understanding of maps and directions, and traffic rules.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Successful completion of a course on handling sensitive or hazardous packages may be required.
- Driver’s license and clean driving record required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Past experience as messenger or courier.