LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (8a-8p)
Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC Walk-In / Primary Care Clinic
Department: NRMC Walk-in Clinic
Who We Are
Although Natchitoches Regional Medical Center has earned many awards for quality and service, the greatest honor NRMC holds is the trust of our patients and their families. Record numbers of families across Natchitoches, Winn, and Sabine parishes are making NRMC their first choice for healthcare and choosing NRMC for their health journeys.
As a result, NRMC has become intricately woven into their life stories and family histories. Each day, they share stories of lifesaving care in the emergency room, surgery and medical units, as well as, the many joyful moments of recoveries and births. These remarkable moments are at the heart of all that NRMC Associates do. Our core purpose is and always will be to care for our community.
At NRMC, Associates, our Board, Physicians, and Volunteers are succeeding in creating a Zero Harm culture where everyone is positive, proactive, and accountable. NRMC is a learning organization where yesterday’s events and efforts serve as a baseline for today’s improvements; where people think about people and how best to serve; and where professionals acknowledge and address not only successes, but also any failures, so improvements are made each and every day.
In addition to offering competitive medical, dental, and vision plans for our associates, their spouse, and/or child(ren), NRMC offers other unique benefits such as:
· Health Insurance with 90% coverage when using NRMC services
· 50% off of medical bills from NRMC physician services
· Free generic prescriptions at our pharmacy
· Free and priority access to our Walk-In Clinic
· Health plan premium discounts with annual wellness compliance
· Employer paid long term disability and life insurance policy
· Flexible spending accounts (health care and dependent care)
· 10% discount at our Cane River Café
· Medical Expense Reimburse Account (MERP)
· Employee Assistance Program
· Continuing education assistance
· …and other community discounts
Is responsible for and performs those duties consistent with the recognized scope of practice for profession. Assists clinic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses in the care of patients in a family practice care environment. May provide direct supervision of patient care given by unlicensed Nursing and Medical Assistants. May be the only nursing staff member of the clinic. Performs additional administrative tasks related to patient medical record maintenance and continuity of care typical of a family practice clinic. Performs other tasks as assigned.
LPN Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited LPN.
- Current LPN licensure in the State of Louisiana.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience.