LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (7p-7a) MED SURG
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: MED SURG
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
· Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
· Current LPN licensure in State of Louisiana.
· Current BCLS certification. Advanced Adult or Pediatric Life Support preferred.
· Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience preferred.
· Successful completion of arrhythmia course within first 6 months of employment & annual arrhythmia testing thereafter.
· Certification in ACLS required. ACLS certification must be available upon hire or obtained within 6 months of employment.
· Certification in PALS required. PALS certification must be available upon hire or certification must be obtained within 6 months of employment.