LICENESED PRACTICAL NURSE CLINIC
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: NRMC WOUND CARE CLINIC
The Wound Care LPN is responsible for all assigned nursing care activities to include, but not limited to, wound care for patients of all ages and other clinical activities associated with providing safe patient care. The LPN is responsible for following all WHC policies and procedures, care protocols and Diversified Clinical Services Practice Guidelines, as directed by a Registered Nurse, or Physician. The LPN will be responsible for assisting with patient and wound care data conferences, and continuing education is required as determined by the Program Director.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. The LPN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to patients served on his/her assigned unit as described in unit based competencies, policies and procedures.
2. In collaboration with other staff members, provides bedside patient care, implementing the interventions identified in the plan of care, as directed by RN.
3. LPN must, at all times, demonstrate commitment to the NRMC Standards of Behavior.
4. Ensure appropriate patient care documentation.
5. Implement and assure compliance with wound center and hospital policies and procedures.
6. Maintain familiarity with regulatory standards.
7. Report quality of care issues to staff RN or Program Director.
8. Ensure availability of necessary equipment and supplies.
9. Communicates with all team members regarding therapeutic interventions.
10. Communicates with staff and physicians to ensure quality of care.
11. Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
12. Participates in own employee feedback session identifying individual strengths and areas of growth.
13. Identifies limitations in own skill/knowledge and seeks consultation from available resources to improve them.
14. Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional growth and education.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
2. Familiarity with PC’s and computerized nursing systems and tools, or demonstrated ability to learn.
3. Basic knowledge of regulatory / accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations.
4. Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, visitors, staff, and physicians.
5. Good time management skills.
6. Demonstrated ability in assessment and critical thinking.
7. Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
8. Accuracy in reporting and documenting information.
9. Professional accountability.
10. Ability to interact with and maintain a respectful, positive and friendly manner with supervisors, co-workers and internal and external customers to include being flexible with work schedules and requests; keeping commitments.
11. Keepings others informed of work progress, timetables and issues.
12. Addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
13. Remaining calm and courteous and exercising self-control when sharing information and when interacting with angry individuals.
14. Accepting criticism without over-reacting or getting angry or sullen.
15. Being open to and sharing ideas as needed to handle complaint situations, explain policies and procedures.
16. Addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
Required Education and Experience
1. Nursing degree from and accredited nursing school.
2. Current license in the state of practice.
3. Minimum two years’ experience as LPN.
4. Minimum one year experience in acute care setting.
5. Maintains BLS credentialing and all unit competencies.
6. Completes Diversified Basic Wound Care Course within six (6) months of employment.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Wound care experience preferred.