LICENESED PRACTICAL NURSE CLINIC
Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC Multispecialty Clinic
Department: NRMC ENT ASSOCIATES
Responsible for and performs those duties consistent with the recognized scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nursing. Assists clinic Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Registered Nurses in the care of patients in a family practice care environment. May provide direct supervision of patient care given by unlicensed Nursing and Medical Assistants. May be the only nursing staff member of the clinic. Performs additional administrative tasks related to patient medical record maintenance and continuity of care typical of a family practice clinic. Performs other tasks as assigned.
1. Assists with opening clinic, and insuring readiness for daily activities.
2. Insures patient examination rooms and laboratory areas are ready for daily activity.
3. Performs and records quality checks on laboratory test equipment.
4. Performs laboratory specimen collection tasks, including venipuncture. Prepares specimens for shipment to hospital laboratory.
5. Performs CLIA waived lab procedures.
6. Enters orders into Meditech.
7. Takes and records patient vital signs. Assists with patient assessment, intervention and patient teaching within the scope of LPN practice.
8. Sets up patient in examination room for Practitioner.
9. Records patients presenting problem/reason for visit. Record current medications and allergies.
10. Assists Practitioner with patient examination or procedure, as needed. Insures that lab, radiology or other procedure orders are recorded properly.
11. Sets up procedure trays as needed.
12. Provides patient medications, oral and injectable, as ordered by the Practitioner, and within the scope of LPN practice.
13. Cleans and restocks patient examination rooms between patient uses, as needed.
14. Assists with patient calls, prescription refills, notification of lab/test results, and scheduling of referral patients.
15. Assists in inventory and ordering of clinic supplies.
16. Meets current documentation standards and polices.
17. Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situation.
18. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments of the hospital.
19. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
20. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
1. Ability to read, writes, speak, and communicate effectively in English.
2. Additional languages preferred.
3. Basic computer knowledge.
4. Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential material and information.
5. Must be IV certified and willing to perform related tasks.
Required Education and Experience
1. Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
2. Current LPN licensure in the State of Louisiana.
3. Current BCLS certification.
4. Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience.