LICENESED PRACTICAL NURSE – ALEXANDRIA CLINIC
Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC Urology Clinic Alexandria
Department: NRMC UROLOGY CLINIC - ALEXANDRIA
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Maintains regulatory agency requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition, including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. There is no travel pay for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Demonstrates ability, to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
2. Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
3. Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and patient’s clinical condition.
5. Follows the five medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
6. Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
7. Formulates a teaching plan based on identified patient learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
8. Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
9. Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services to level of licensure.
10. Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
11. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
13. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
14. Medical and surgical asepsis is carried out during treatments and special procedures.
15. Coordinates and supervises patient care under the direct supervision.
16. Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
17. Communicates appropriately and clearly to team leader, co-workers and physicians.
18. Meets current documentation standards and policies.
19. Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situation.
20. Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
21. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
22. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
23. Performs other duties as assigned within the LPN scope of practice.
1. Basic computer knowledge.
2. Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential material and information.
3. Must be IV certified and willing to perform related tasks.
4. Ability to interact with all customers (co-workers, patients, families, physicians, vendors, etc.) of NRMC with hospitality and the highest standards of customer service, exhibiting professionalism and a spirit of teamwork. Each associate should have an understanding that he or she represents NRMC and should act accordingly and in a manner that demonstrates respect and pride for this organization.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited LPN program.
- Current LPN licensure in State of Louisiana.
- Current BCLS certification
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of six months to one year’s work experience preferred.