INTERNAL AGENCY- RN – FLOAT POOL
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: NURSE ADMINISTRATION
In-House Contracts are available for the duration period of 13 week duration. In-House Contract rate is paid per hour base rate, without unit or shift differentials. Participants are eligible for a completion bonus based on the length of the contract 13 week completion bonus. Internal applicants are not eligible with exception of those with an eligible PRN status. Contract associates are expected to work full time hours (36-48 hours per week). Employee status will be PRN with no benefits.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Perform a head-to-toe assessment and reassessments including pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
2. Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
3. Revise the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan for effectiveness. Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
4. Perform patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
5. Safely administer medications and reduce the potential for medication errors using the five rights of medication administration, and as ordered by the prescribing provider based on the age and clinical condition of the patient.
6. Reduce the potential for medication errors.
7. Formulate a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching as appropriate.
8. Demonstrate the ability to assist Providers with procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills.
9. Demonstrate the ability to perform treatments and provide services to level licensure.
10. Treat patients and families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
11. Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served. Able to interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
12. Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
13. Consult other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
14. Communicate appropriately and clearly to Unit Manager, co-workers and physicians.
15. Maintain a good working relationship intra and interdepartmentally..
16. Identify and address psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Service/Discharge Planner regarding both in hospital and post discharge needs.
17. Meet current documentation standards and policies.
18. Manages and operates equipment in a safe and correct manner.
19. Coordinate and supervise patient care as necessary.
20. Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
21. May serve as charge nurse as requested.
1. Employee must demonstrate ability to recognize patients individual needs based on medical conditions, age adolescent, young adults, middle-aged and geriatric),limitations and planned procedures.
2. Requires good judgement in delivering patient care; good oral and written communication skills.
3. Ability to function in stressful situations.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current state of Louisiana or compact state Registered Nurse Licensure.
- Previous experience in general duty nursing for 2 years.
- Current BCLS certification must be available upon hire.
- Current ACLS certification must be available upon hire.