ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES MANAGER
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
Department: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES
The environmental services manager will provide leadership, direction and management oversight for continuous improvement of the standard EVS operating model within the facility; provides staff leadership, making sound business decisions in support of the hospital’s mission and vision. Demonstrates leadership in providing an optimal environment for patient care, safety, service, and value. Manages the day to day operations of the department; ensures a consistently high level of cleanliness and aesthetics to patients, visitors and staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
1. Evaluates and makes recommendations for environmental hygiene maintenance for new floor coverings, wall coverings, furnishings and interior finishes prior to purchase.
2. Manages departmental budgets (e.g., capital, projects, supplies, operations).
3. Ensures regulated medical waste is handled, packaged, stored and disposed of in accordance with federal and state regulations, and appropriate documentation is maintained.
4. Manages the necessary and required resources for the environmental services department and provides recommendations for staffing levels, products and equipment. Completes all Human Resources responsibilities for interviewing, hiring, managing, staff development, corrective actions and / or staff engagement needs.
5. Manages all quality improvement initiatives regarding training, auditing, inspecting, rounding, and making recommendations as needed.
6. Collaborates with the EVS director to establish dashboard metrics to track operations and improvement initiatives
7. Promotes a culture of safety, hand hygiene, patient experience, as well as employee engagement and retention.
8. Coordinates scheduling and oversees subcontractors and vendors
9. Supervises and/or performs on-call emergency services when needed
10. Compose general and technical reports
11. Establishes self as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) within environmental services, regulatory compliance, and training.
12. Effectively employs computer programs and mobile devices evidenced by proper log ins, using applicable hardware or software, attaching files, composing appropriate email messages and appropriately using internet browsers or sites
13. Takes a customer centered approach when addressing the needs of and interacting with patients, visitors, guests, team members and other health care workers.
1. Ability to clearly and effectively articulate and present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
2. Exhibits excellent interpersonal and communication skills and provides a work environment that fosters positive energy, creativity, and teamwork among colleagues across all functional areas.
3. Requires knowledge windows applications, MS Word, MS Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint and related applications.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification (or must be obtained within 6 months of hire)
3. Minimum 5 years in environmental services and/or acute care related service departments.
4. 1 year in supervisory level experience managing and scheduling staff.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. Designated trainer status for Certified Health Care Environmental Services Technician (T-CHEST) or Certified Surgical Cleaning Technician (T-CSCT)