EMT – BASIC
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Natchitoches Regional Medical Center
The Emergency Medical Technician administers temporary care to patients until such care is turned over to the personnel of a medical facility. Such care may be the result of a 911 call, or it may be in the course of transporting a patient from one medical facility to another medical facility. The EMT – Basic also performs equipment maintenance, restocks supplies, performs clinical record keeping and non-clinical record keeping, and performs other duties as assigned by manager.
EMT Basic Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must hold certification from National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians and the State of Louisiana at the EMT – Basic or Advanced.
- Must possess valid Class D driver’s license.
- Must be at least age 23 (this is a requirement of our insurance carrier) with a clean DMV record.
- CPR required or must be obtained within 6 months of hire.
EMT Basic Preferred Education and Experience
- ACLS certification preferred.
- PALS certification preferred.
- NRP preferred.
- Two years of experience as EMT preferred.
- Prefer age 25 with a clean DMV record