Job Type: Full-time
Location: NRMC OB/GYN Associates
Department: NRMC OB/GYN ASSOCIATES
The Centralized Scheduler schedules patients for all Specialty Clinic groups, tests and procedures. This position coordinates processes with hospital departments and physician office staff and supports effective and efficient department operations. The Scheduler will be responsible for scheduling all clinic visits, no matter of group, all hospital testing and surgeries if needed. The Scheduler will also be responsible for doing this routine in Caretracker and Meditech, to eliminate having to call Scheduling in the hospital for duplicate actions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary responsibilities.
Coordinates events with department control person, supporting and maintaining
blocktime rules and requirements; schedules patients for non-invasive
procedures and lab studies such as all forms of imaging, cardiovascular studies,
neurodiagnostics, therapeutic respiratory treatments, office visits and other telephoned or faxed laboratory studies; identifies availability of medical and technical staff and communicates prep information to patient and/or physician’s office.
Receives and reviews patient demographic and financial information; verifies
appropriate diagnosis for scheduled event; communicates scheduled events to
areas involved in patient process and patient care to facilitate patient care flow;
performs daily quality assurance checks; verifies accuracy of schedule for
C. Record Keeping and Reporting
Generates accounting productivity report one week of each month to monitor
Attends staff meetings as required; participates in emergency and disaster
situations; performs miscellaneous duties as deemed appropriate and when
assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to type 35 wpm.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate effectively in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Knowledge of admitting procedures required.
- Ability to communicate well with people one-on-one, both in person and on the telephone.
- Knowledge of basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to respond calmly and courteously when confronted with upset customers.
- Ability to use appropriate discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle demand of numerous phone calls and frequent interruptions.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Three years of clerical experience involving customer service or meeting and dealing with the public, one year of which must have been in a medical office or hospital setting.