Steel Magnolia Run
REGISTRATION is Now Open for the 2023 Steel Magnolia Run [click the link below]
Saturday, March 18th — in historic DOWNTOWN Natchitoches, Louisiana!
Over the years, our participants, sponsors, and volunteers have played an instrumental role in improving the health of the women of our community and more. Our Foundation is dedicated to funding advanced technologies, comfort improvements, and transportation for our neighbors and families. This year’s Steel Magnolia Run will continue to support our efforts to provide comprehensive optimal care for Cancer patients. Our ambitious goal, and focus of the 2023 Run, is to acquire state-of-the-art PET Scanner technology for our community.
The Steel Magnolia Run Makes a Difference in the Natchitoches Community!
- 2019 and 2020 events supported 3D mammography services at NRMC’s new Breast Center. Consequently, Natchitoches now has two state of the art 3D mammography machines. This technology helps doctors find breast cancer at its earliest stages, and early detection saves lives.
- Our 2021 event continued to support our efforts to enhance our Care for the Women of Natchitoches. With the success of our 2021 event, we have since purchased the following items for our Labor & Delivery Unit:
- Protected moms and babies with state-of-the-art monitoring software and equipment.
- Software that equips physicians with access to critical health information at any time and from anywhere.
- Improved the labor & delivery experience with the purchase of new safe, comfortable birthing beds and sleeper chairs.
- In 2021 NRMC acquired the local Cancer Center in Natchitoches to ensure Cancer patients in our community continue to have access to excellent hare, right here at home. The 2022 run supported the new NRMC Cancer Center and the courageous patients we serve.
Run for the Steel Magnolias in your family and our community.
About the Steel Magnolia Run
A Steel Magnolia is a woman who exemplifies both traditional femininity as well as uncommon fortitude. Each of us knows an amazing woman who has faced life’s challenges with the dignity of a steel magnolia.
Don’t forget to schedule your annual mammography! Research shows that 1 in every 8 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in their life. Breast cancer has the highest incident rate in Louisiana with the second highest death rate of all cancers. Diagnosis is critically important. And Natchitoches Regional Medical Center has taken action by opening a brand new Breast Health Center with the latest in 3D digital mammography. Call 318.214.4265 to schedule this life saving